Best Nursing Glider Chair Reviews 2021
What is a Nursing Chair?
Nursing Chairs or Glider Chairs as they are sometimes known are the latest must have item for new mums. Until recently I hadn’t even heard of them. However, once your friends start having babies you quickly learn all about them. They are brilliant at rocking your baby off to sleep in total comfort.
On first impressions, Nursing Chairs look just like rocking chairs. Look closely however and the you will see that the mechanism is much more complex than a normal rocking chair. These are called glider chairs because they rock on a sort of glider mechanism which is purposefully designed to be quiet whilst in use. No creeks or squeaks.
They are also often made from washable fabrics which is ideal where babies are around. Some glider chairs are made of wood and come in many different finishes. More recently, new models have been developed that would not look out of place in the front room; never mind the nursery.
Most nursery or glider chairs come pre-assembled and so you don’t have to worry about get your screwdriver out. Take care when choosing one to make sure you have the room. Some are quite large ad may not fit where you want them to.
Look out for those with breaks on them. This prevents the chair from rocking and may be useful for when your child becomes a toddler. It prevents any accidents occurring through incorrect use such as fingers getting trapped.
There are several key glider chair manufacturers that have become established over the last few years. These are Hush Hush, Tutti Bambini, Kub Haldon, and Habebe. All these comply with the relevant EU safety standards. Make sure you check this out when looking for a nursing chair.
Benefits of using a Nursing Chair
If you are new to nursing chairs (also known as glider chairs and rocker chairs) here are a few reasons why you should consider them.
- Nursing chairs are comfortable and designed to be easily cleaned with removable covers which can also be wiped down
- Nursing chairs are safe from little hands – unlike some rocking chairs
- Nursing chairs often recline into several positions allowing you to find the best position for feeding your baby
- Nursing chairs use silent mechanisms called gliders to ensure silent operation
- Nursing chairs look cool in any room, not just the nursery
Criteria for Selecting a Nursing Chair
Selecting the best nursing chair for your use is a personal decision. Here, we provide some pointers on what to look for
- Size and Shape - Nursing chairs come in different shapes and sizes. Make sure to get one that will fit in the space you have in mind. The dimensions are always stated on the product description
- Style - Some nursing chairs follow a certain style which makes them look similar in design. The Habebe and the Serenity look very similar and fall into this category. Some, such as the Kub look like a typical rocking chair, whereas the Hush Hush range is more like a sitting room chair on rockers. There is therefore plenty of variety for you to consider.
- Value - Nursing chairs are relatively excellent value for money compared to other styles of chairs. This is especially true given the additional features they have.
We have selected the following best nursing chairs of 2020.
Recommended Nursing Chairs
Warmiehomy Nursiung Chair
The Warmiehomy Armchair is a linen fabric, wing back chair with solid wooden legs and comes in a variety of colours. It is well made and offers exceptional comfort. Looking good in any environment it is a very versatile chair that would serve equally well in both the nursery as well as the living room. In summary, an exceptionally well made chair with comfort and value for money.